Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Happy Onam!


Happy Onam!! 

Its the final day of the ten day cultural festivity in Kerala associated with grand celebration of Onam. The festival commemorates the 'Vamana' avtar of Lord Vishnu, you can read the entire story here

Its an occasion for family union, with multiple generations in the family gathering at their ancestral homes. Every kerala household would have colourful flower carpets, women dress in the traditional offwhite kerala handloom saris and every keralite would have a sumptuous lunch with 10 to 30 dishes served on a banana leaf!

Few designs on Zaarga that reminded us of this grand festival! 












Have a great day!!  

Cheers!!
Team Z


2 comments:

  1. Those jewelries looks so expensive and nice. Happy onam to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I miss my family in Kerala, I wish I could spend the Onam with them but I can't. here's sending my most heartfelt Onam wishes to my family out there. Happy Onam!

    ReplyDelete